One of the things people seem to grumble about regarding home streets is that visitors aren't restoring stuff or replanting harvested gardens. I have a few tips to help minimize the stress--and even make you a profit!
1. Dedicate a floor of your tower to restoration materials. Offer for sale some of EACH type of material required to restore every single item on your street, and stock enough to do a full restore. This prevents people just abandoning the restoration project entirely; it's a lot easier to pop into someone's tower to get items for restore projects on that street.
2. Price those items high enough that players won't specifically come to your street to buy them. Think of that part of your tower as a convenience store, with convenience store prices. If it seems like certain items are getting consistently bought out anyway, recheck the prices on glitch remote; the market fluctuates.
3. Place and gnome and a sign by your street sign to tell players about the restoration materials in the tower. Use an informative subject line on the note so it'll be useful (instead of "read this", put "restoration materials for ALL my resources sold in tower". Or whatever will fit.
4. On the convenience store floor of your tower, put up a note pole. Subject: "Restore requirements for my resources". Then, using the list in the following link, cut and paste the requirements for each item on your street: www.glitch.com/forum/genera...
5. Don't forget to sell some tools, even if it's just basic ones.
1. Make the materials available for people to replant. Sell seeds in your tower, and put a note pole by the sign with the subject, "Seeds available in my tower!"
2. If you very strongly prefer that someone plant certain items, here are some steps you can take to encourage that:
- Sell ONLY the types of seeds you want planted
- Put up note poles that state your wishes in the subject line ("Please only corn in this garden--thank you :) ). Please, thank you, and the :) will make people feel more inclined to abide by your request than using more demanding or bossy language.
- Have your butler hand out seeds of your preferred type(s).
3. Have pigs in your yard if you've got crop gardens so people can make their own seeds.
4. Don't forget to sell gardening tools. In fact, I sell every item a person needs to harvest every resource I have, including shovels for peat, scrapers for barnacles, and firefly jars.